Scan to Email
Save money and paper by scanning to your e-mail
Scan multi-page documents directly to PDF and have it emailed to you
1. Place item to be scanned face down on the glass.
(Be sure to place it in the top left corner of the glass)
If you have a multi-page document to scan (one-sided or double-sided) you can place it face up in the document feeder on top of the copy machine.
Remember to remove all and any staples before using the document feeder.
2. Set machine to scanner mode by pressing the Scanner button located to the left of the display screen.
3. On the screen display, press Manual Input. Enter your e-mail address (the scanned file will be sent to this address) then press OK. You can also select a pre-existing email which can be seen on the display. If you would like to add email addresses to this list, please contact Print Services with a list of the addresses you would like to be added.
4. On the screen display, press File Name/Type, then File Type.
Choose Multipage PDF. Then press OK. (this may already be set as default)
5. To name the file, press File Name/Type, then File Name. Enter your desired file name, then press OK. If you do not provide a file name your document will be given a generic file name.
6. If scanning a double sided document, be sure to press the 2 Sided button on the left side of the display screen.
7. Press the green Start button to scan and send the file.
8. To verify the email was sent, press Scanned Files Status at the top of the display screen. The status next to your email address should read “done” if the file was succesfully sent.
9. Reset screen by pressing the Clear/Stop button.
10. To return to copy mode, press Copy button.
11. You should find an email with an attached PDF of your scanned file in your e-mail inbox.
12. Don’t forget to take the item that you scanned with you.