Manager of Distribution Services
Position: Manager of Distribution Services (Full-Time)
Department: Distribution Services
The University of the Arts in Philadelphia is one of the only universities in the United States solely dedicated to educating creative individuals in the visual and performing arts and design. Our 2,100 undergraduate and graduate students and 500 faculty members are passionate about what they do, and in the process, are redefining the way we think, teach and create. Our campus in Center City Philadelphia stretches for six blocks along the Avenue of the Arts, from Walnut Street to South Street. Here, faculty mentors guide aspiring student artists and designers from over 25 countries to become well-prepared professionals and creative leaders.
The Manager of Distribution Services oversees all aspects of mail operations for the university, including incoming and outgoing USPS, inter-office and express mail and freight. Also provides customer support, develops departmental procedures and process improvements and manages operations within budgetary guidelines.
- Supervises employees and monitors work activities to ensure established service levels are met. Assists in performing daily tasks.
- Receives and provides employees with training on mail and shipping regulations, handling of hazardous or suspicious mail, process improvement and quality control.
- Builds commitment and leadership. Sets a model for employees that reflects professionalism, integrity and a commitment to excellence.
- Maintains mail equipment including postage meter, scales, arrival system, scanners, delivery van, mailboxes and drop boxes.
- Monitors changes in postage fees and regulations. Maintains all postage and service fee accounts.
- Manages relationships with USPS, express carriers, postage and equipment vendors to ensure competitive rates, quality service and adequate inventory levels (mailing supplies).
- Develops relationships with key faculty and staff in order to better understand and meet business needs. Provides customer support and communication on current services, mailing options, etc.
- Assists in department budget preparation and adheres to approved budget plan.
- Captures daily metrics, volumes, issues and resolutions for monthly reporting.
- Recommends process improvements and cost reductions based on industry best practices.
- High school diploma, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Five years’ experience in mail room operations with three years’ supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong technology skills including, use of Microsoft office suite.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs., push/pull carts, and to walk between campus buildings.
TO APPLY: Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to the Human Resources Department via email to email@example.com. Please ensure job title is in the Subject line.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, The University of the Arts publishes its Annual Safety Report at the following link for your reference:
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER