Position: Housekeeper, 3 - Full-time, calendar year, non-exempt, 1 – Part-time calendar year, non-exempt
The University of the Arts in Philadelphia is one of the only universities in the United States solely dedicated to educating creative individuals in the visual and performing arts and design. Our 2,100 undergraduate and graduate students and 500 faculty members are passionate about what they do, and in the process, are redefining the way we think, teach and create. Our campus in Center City Philadelphia stretches for six blocks along the Avenue of the Arts, from Walnut Street to South Street. Here, faculty mentors guide aspiring student artists and designers from over 25 countries to become well-prepared professionals and creative leaders.
This position performs daily and periodic janitorial activities including, but not limited to dusting, floor maintenance, trash removal and restroom maintenance. In addition, event setups and grounds maintenance are required.
- Collects and removes trash and recycling from campus buildings
- Dusts and cleans counters, furniture, ledges, sills, baseboards and other surfaces
- Sweeps, vacuums, dry/wet mop and scrub floors; periodically shampoos carpeting and strips, waxes, polishes hard flooring surfaces
- Cleans and sanitizes restroom floors and surfaces; maintains restroom supplies
- Cleans entrance glass, glass partitions and mirrors; polishes metal surfaces
- Sets up, arranges and breaks down tables, chairs and other furniture for scheduled events
- Lifts and moves campus furniture and boxes as needed; use of university vehicle required
- Detail cleans campus dorm rooms in preparation for semester move-ins
- Maintains campus grounds to include, sweeping of exterior sidewalks, trash collection, lawn and planting bed maintenance, snow removal
- Reports major maintenance, janitorial and safety issues to supervisor when observed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to stand, bend, kneel, climb stairs and walk distances; ability to lift 40 lbs., push/pull carts
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- Experience in use of floor cleaning equipment preferred
- Membership in collective bargaining unit required
To Apply: Qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to Human Resources at email@example.com. The University of the Arts is an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive compensation and benefit program including, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, paid time away from work, and retirement savings.