Emergency and Weather Closings
While we make every effort to run all scheduled classes and events, it is sometimes necessary to cancel or delay classes and/or close the buildings due to emergencies or severe weather.
There are several ways for you to learn if classes have been cancelled due to emergency, snow or other inclement weather:
- Check the homepage of the University's Web site for an alert
- Sign up to receive a UArts Alert text message and/or email
- Check a local media outlet
- KYW Radio 1060 AM (the University of the Arts school number is 116)
- Channels 3, 6, 10 and Fox29 TV
- Call our weather hotline at 215-717-6996 and listen to the recorded message
When the campus is closed, all events (including those sponsored by off-campus organizations) are cancelled.
The decision to close will be made prior to 5:30 a.m. for an all-day closing and by noon for cancellation of evening classes and events.