Assistant Professor, Lighting Design
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
FULL-TIME ACADEMIC YEAR POSITION
POSITION: Assistant Professor, Lighting Design
DEPARTMENT: Ira Brind School of Theater Arts
DESCRIPTION: The Ira Brind School of Theater Arts, under the new leadership of Joanna Settle, Director, is a thriving undergraduate theater program offering BFA degrees in performance, directing, playwriting, production, and theater design and technology, has an opening for a full-time faculty member to teach lighting design and related subjects available to design lighting for Brind School productions as needed, and assist in recruiting and advising students.
• Teach Lighting Design, Lighting Practicum and related subjects.
• Are available to design up to two productions per year
• Oversee Brind School lighting work for the Brind School season.
• Mentor Design/Tech majors who have chosen an emphasis in lighting design.
• Advise Design/Tech majors on academics
• Assist in recruiting Design/Tech students (on-campus and off).
• Related committee work on the School, College and University level.
• Other duties as required.
• Reports to Nick Embree, Head, Theater Design & Technology.
REQUIREMENTS: MFA in lighting design and/or professional equivalency. Teaching experience preferred. Extensive Professional experience in lighting design highly preferred.
RANK: Asst. Professor (three-year renewable appointment)
AVAILABILITY: September 2014
TO APPLY: Qualified applicants should submit letter of application and CV or resume and three professional references to: Brind Lighting Design Search, c/o Catherine Logan, The University of the Arts, 320 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102. For full consideration applications are requested by February 14, 2014; the position will remain open until filled.
The University of the Arts is an ADA, Equal Opportunity Employer committed to encouraging diversity among its faculty, staff and students. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.