Assistant to Dean, CAMD
Position: Assistant to Dean, CAMD
Department: Colleague of Art, Media & Design, Dean’s Office
Description: Provides executive-level support to the Dean of College in administrative matters relating to the management of the College. Responsible for Dean’s Office scheduling and front-of-house matters. Responsible for establishing, implementing and communicating policies and procedures for a wide variety of administrative and academic areas under the Dean’s supervision. Reports directly to the Dean.
- Liaises between the Dean’s Office and various University divisions/departments for matters relating to administrative, fiscal, operational and personnel procedures.
- Responsible for front-of-house matters, greeting visitors. Assists in the management of the office, procedures, records and files as well as supplies, room reservations.
- Manages and reconciles Dean’s Office corporate AMEX cards. Collects and reviews all other AMEX statements from programs and schools that require Dean’s approval.
- Makes appointments, maintains office calendars, and tracks same. Schedules and minutes meetings and disseminates minutes as required.
- Handles and/or supervises all conventional correspondence and communications, travel, schedules and administrative activities.
- Arranges Dean’s travel and registration pertaining to academic conferences.
- Oversees and implements staff searches with Human Resources. Meets with new full-time faculty and staff to provide administrative orientation. Organizes monthly Admin meetings.
- Organizes CAMD faculty and staff parties, lunches, dinner and meetings per the Dean’s request.
- Serve as coordinator for the AICAD mobility program.
- Collects photos, edits and builds a slide show for the CAMD awards ceremony. Generates and edits CAMD material for awards ceremony program.
- Collects, edits and distributes CAMD Success Stories.
- Holds elections for representatives to University committees (UPC, Faculty Council, UCAP, CCC, & PFDC). Assists in organizing elections, meetings and disseminating information for College promotion, Curriculum and Sabbatical committees.
- Performs research and prepares memoranda/special reports for the Dean as needed.
- Undertakes special projects as required.
- Processes confidential matters and either resolves or refers questions to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion regarding College business and files.
- Assists in interviewing, selecting, training and supervising student workers.
- Assists as required in the administration of the business functions of the College (financial reports, College-related functions, College policies relating to fiscal operations, compliance with internal and external policies, procedures and fiscal propriety.) Assists as required in the preparation of departmental budgets and Capital Equipment allocations.
- Assists as required in the entry of faculty/course information into Colleague. Assists as required in generating, reviewing and maintaining part-time faculty contracts. Assists as required in sending full-time faculty teaching assignments.
- Assists in coordination and administration of external project and initiatives.
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized college or university, plus 5 years of work experience. Experience in academic office administration working with executive level staff and faculty is preferred. Arts related experience in academia. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed.
To Apply: Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPURTUNITY EMPLOYER