POSITION: Administrative Assistant
DEPARTMENT: College of Art, Media & Design (CAMD) Core Studies
DESCRIPTION: Reports to Co-Directors.
- The Administrative Assistant supports and assists the Core Studies Co-Directors & faculty with administrative tasks and is available to answer questions from first year Core Studies students regarding University policies and procedures.
- Types correspondences as requested from faculty and Directors. Does photocopying for faculty.
- Maintains departmental email, mail and telephone lists.
- Notifies faculty of important events and activities, routes mail, reports any important events for publication.
- Maintains computer files, Core Studies student schedules, prepares and distributes student advising, registration and declaration of major documentation.
- Coordinates appointments with students and Directors.
- Receives, records and disseminates student deficiency notices.
- Organizes, disseminates, collects and re-routes Student Data Forms, Course Catalogues, information from Student Services and Registrar Offices.
- Prepare awards and documentation for Student Award Ceremony.
- Prepares purchase orders for office supplies and additional instructional and capital equipment.
- Maintains budget activity.
- Assists Core Studies Co-Directors in planning budget annual submissions.
- Provides assistance with special events, departmental meetings, and trips.
- Prepares all documentation, records student attendance, coordinates speakers, arranges locations for Careers in Arts Lecture Series.
- Assists in exhibition of Annual Core Studies Student Show.
- Frames student work.
- Assists in promoting, coordinating, scheduling, and transportation of Traveling Exhibition.
- Advertises, hires, supervises and pays work-study students.
- Assists in management of Visual Resource Center.
- Processes requests to Maintenance to repair or replace facilities.
- Coordinates 3rd floor computer lab usages for Core Studies and reports problems to Academic Computing.
- Performs other duties as requires.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Substantial academic administrative experience; knowledge and experience with College/University organization, policies and operating procedures
- Demonstrated ability to positively interact with a wide range of individuals.
- Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet software packages.
- Strong organization, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently, to assess needs and to provide creative solutions.
- Ability to foster and enhance the notion of team.
- Attention to detail and timeliness.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, when necessary.
- Ability to work with a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes on a daily basis.
- A positive attitude and people-centric approach to work and a good sense of humor helpful.
- Demonstrated success utilizing the required knowledge, skills, and abilities noted above.
- Interest in and/or commitment to the goals of higher education required.
- Proficiency in MAC operating environment: Microsoft Word, Excel, OS X, Internet navigation.
TO APPLY: Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes via email to email@example.com. Please ensure job title is in the Subject line.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, The University of the Arts publishes its Annual Safety Report at the following link for your reference:
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER